A nebulizer is a machine that dispenses a prescribed medication by producing a fine mist that can be inhaled through a mouthpiece. A nebulizer is a very effective way to get medication directly into the lungs and can work better than an inhaler for some patients.
Oxygen One provides nebulizer compressors and supply kits with tubing and mouthpieces. Your doctor will write you another prescription to be filled at your pharmacy for vials of medication.
You can reorder supplies online or call our office at (262)521-2202.
Tips for an Effective Treatment Session:
- Taking long, slow, deep breaths will make the nebulizer even more effective.
- Replace Permanent Nebulizer Kit every six (6) months or as needed.
- Replace Disposable Nebulizer Kit every two (2) weeks or as needed.
- Clean filter with hot water and let dry completely. Replace the filter as needed.
- Stop to cough and clear your airways as needed.
- If you become tired, turn the unit off and rest for a few minutes.